Join Us and Become an LGC Member Today!
Become a Member or Renew:
The strength of being an LGC member is that you will be joining a network of individuals whose collective knowledge and experience is a powerful resource for innovative ideas and on-the-ground case studies. And you will receive special invitations to LGC events and have access to resources and technical assistance services.
LGC provides technical assistance in the areas of: adapting to climate change; energy efficiency and renewable energy; sustainable land use and transportation strategies; creating healthy, active communities; water conservation, reuse and recycling; and community involvement techniques.
Our experienced staff provides a wide range of educational services including workshops and trainings, participatory planning and design services and policy development assistance, all tailored to fit the needs of your community. And we can provide you with a direct connection to new and sustainable community design trends via LGC’s technical assistance, networking opportunities, monthly newsletters, funding alerts, national, state and regional events and our growing social media community.
For over 30 years we have provided timely, quality technical assistance and resources designed to assist local elected officials and their staff and other involved community leaders in creating positive change through policy development and community involvement. That’s why joining the Local Government Commission is one of the most valuable connections you can make towards expanding your resources, tools and networking opportunities around the critical issues that face your community!
The Local Government Commission (LGC) was established in 1980 and ever since has been serving a growing network of local elected officials, city and county staff, planners and architects as well as many other dedicated community leaders who are committed to creating more livable, prosperous, socially equitable and resource efficient communities.
What LGC Members Get
- LGC eAlert e-mail service that periodically brings you up to the moment information on available state and federal grants. Members say this grant alert service has brought thousands of dollars to their communities!
- Reduced registration fees at LGC’s annual conferences.
- Networking opportunities with your peers, technical program assistance, and professional trainings.
- A Welcome Packet that includes information about upcoming events and full-color, 4-page factsheets on issues of the day.
- A 25% discount on all publications. LGC guidebooks, compact discs and DVDs are valuable resources, specifically designed for local elected officials, city and county staff, and other community leaders.
- Subscriptions to LGC’s two monthly newsletters, LGC Reports and Livable Places Update and a bimonthly publication, Currents: An Energy Newsletter for Local Governments. These newsletters share innovative projects and policies so that each city and county doesn’t have to “reinvent the wheel.”
Membership Levels and Annual Dues:
Elected Official – $125: Local Elected Officials (Individual)
Associate – $75: Government staff, community leaders, and all other non-electeds
Agency – $600: Cities, counties, and special districts. Entitles up to 10 elected officials and key staff to membership benefits. (Be sure to include a roster of your 10 members with your membership form!)
Retired – $50: Former local elected officials
Become a Member or Renew:
Join or renew by mail, phone or PayPal: Use our Membership Form (PDF), call Membership Services at 916-448-1198 x 323 or use the convenient PayPal option below.
We hope you join us!