Intro | Agenda
Celebrating 20 Years of the Ahwahnee Principles!
It has been 20 years since the Ahwahnee Principles were first introduced to 100 elected officials at the Ahwahnee Hotel in Yosemite. Over the past two decades, many local governments have adopted the Ahwahnee Principles and have turned them into on-the-ground projects. This year participants briefly looked back and celebrated the ways the Ahwahnee Principles have influenced where we are today. Then, they looked at the challenges ahead and strategies for California’s local elected officials to employ to keep their communities healthy and economically ahead of the game.
View the agenda for more details about the sessions and speakers and to download presentations. Highlights included:
- An Evening with Two Key State Officials
- Impacts of the Ahwahnee Principles from the Local to the National Levels
- What a Difference 20 Years Can Make: Testimonials from Those Who Were There
- New Directions for the Future: Working as a Region
- Doing More with Less
- The Ahwahnee Principles/Jobs/Economic Health: Making the Connections
- Smart Growth in the Era of Less: Understanding the Challenges and Opportunities
- Ahwahnee Evolution: Urban Design Strategies Essential to Prosperity in the Current Era
- Preparing for the New Economy: What We Now Know
- Growing the Economy and Balancing the Budget by Using the Money We Have More Efficiently: The Role of Energy Policy
- California Resources Agency, Past and Present: A Discussion with Two Secretaries
|Freedman Tung + Sasaki Urban Design|