Creating the Clean Energy Economy
Optimizing Community Choice
March 4, 2016 | San Jose, CA
The Center for Climate Protection in partnership with The Local Government Sustainable Energy Coalition and Local Government Commission is organizing the second all-day symposium to accelerate California’s shift to a clean energy economy, driven by local government and business. The Symposium provides a forum to exchange ideas about Community Choice Energy programs and to learn about current energy policy, regulations, markets, and technology. Learn more at (http://climateprotection.org/symposium-2016/)
Help accelerate the wave of local renewables sweeping California. Please join us on March 4, 2016, in San Jose.
Who Should Attend: Community Choice Energy energy operators and advocates, elected officials considering a program, electric service providers, clean tech entrepreneurs, utility experts, businesses with an interest in distributed energy resources, and anyone interested in the energy system of the future.
Those involved with private utilities and Community Choice will cross-pollinate with energy entrepreneurs working on storage, energy efficiency, automated demand response, micro-grids, and cutting-edge renewable energy technologies. Participants will explore the creation of a cost-effective path toward a renewable energy future.
- Critical elements of successful Community Choice programs
- Community Choice 101: Procurement, risk assessment, financing, operations
- Community Choice 201: Getting up and operating fast
- Designing programs that drive economic development
- Opportunities and challenges of developing distributed energy resources
- Policy and regulatory trends that will impact local energy efforts
- Top local energy and efficiency programs
- Forecasts about the utilities and grids of the future
- Leveraging storage, microgrids, and electric vehicles to enhance local energy projects
- Community Choice as a system integrator and platform for innovation