View the current employment opportunities available at the Local Government Commission below.
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a dynamic and outgoing individual to manage implementation of all aspects of the CivicSpark Program. CivicSpark is a statewide Governor’s Initiative AmeriCorps program dedicated to building capacity for local governments to address community resilience issues such as climate change, water resource management, and access to opportunities.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING
We are searching for candidates with:
● Previous program management experience (including budget tracking and grant
● Experience supervising and mentoring individuals and teams.
● Experience working with a diverse group of people (both internally and externally).
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
● Comfort with public speaking and facilitation.
● Experience with hiring and onboarding.
● Comfort using a variety of software platforms (including Microsoft Suite and Google Docs) and the flexibility and ability to learn new systems that might be unfamiliar.
● Attention to details, deadlines, and timelines.
● Demonstrated leadership abilities.
Additional contributions we value (but are not required):
● Experience managing an AmeriCorps program.
● Experience with event planning (including creating agendas, coordinating with speakers,
organizing lodging and other logistics).
● Experience handling HR duties such as professional development plans, disciplinary
processes, interpersonal conflicts, and other personnel issues.
● Experience with team building and support (with remote staff, in particular).
● Experience building a strong product or service brand / message.
● Knowledge of California local government planning, policy, and administrative practices.
● Knowledge of California’s key community resilience issues (climate, water, affordable
● Advanced training, experience, or degrees.
November 26, 2018
Download the full position description.